This simple, elegant building has been constructed of natural and recycled timbers, earth bricks with a myriad of eco features. The building consists of two self-contained ‘Eco Bach’ studios divided by a solid earth brick wall with cathedral ceilings and north facing window walls over looking our permaculture gardens and out to sea.
Eco Bach holds a queen bed plus a single day bed, ideal for a couple or a couple plus one.
North facing window walls allow the winter sun to penetrate the super insulated rooms and store heat in the earth brick wall and concrete floors for release through the nights.
A mix of recycled native and locally sourced untreated timbers, wool insulation, all natural paints and oil finishes, hemp curtains, natural fibre futon mattress.
Solar hot water, led lighting, double glazing, passive solar design reducing the need for heating.
lamp shades, locally made crockery, beds and furniture.
Each studio features:
- queen bed and single day bed
- kitchen equipped with 2 burner gas stove top, fridge, jug, toaster, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans
- tv & dvd player
- bathroom with solar heated shower & toilet
- outdoor deck, grass area and dining table and chairs
- quality linen & towels provided